Staying positive is much easier said than done, especially in these hectic times. Consider these 5 steps from PositivityBlog.com:
1. Appreciate, appreciate, appreciate! People often want appreciation from others. It can become a craving need. Instead, start to appreciate everything around you, such as: the sunshine, your food and your health.
2. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. It is very easy to fall into a habit of focusing your thoughts on what you don’t want rather than what you want. If you do that then it will be hard to get what you want in life. If you want to improve your finances then focus on having a great financial situation rather than your lack of money and your debts. If you want a new relationship then focus on meeting a lot of new people and forming great relationships rather than focusing on your loneliness and your lack.
3. Educate and explore yourself. Self-education can be a great help to live a better life. Read great books on the areas of your life you want to improve. Maybe it’s it your financial situation or your health. Or maybe it’s your relationships. Ask people with more success in that area what they did to improve. This is also a great way to get to know yourself better and understand why you think, feel and do – or don’t do – the things you do.
4. Take action in your life. “Just do it!” is a nice slogan. If you feel that fear is holding you back from doing something, there are practical solutions that have been used for thousands of years. Take small steps and confront your fear little by little. At least you’re taking action.
5. Improve your social skills. Happiness really comes from having positive relationships with other people. Improving your communication skills can greatly improve your life.
Updates to Service Delivery by Heartland RADAC due to COVID - 19
It is the intention of Heartland RADAC to continue serving clients to the best of our ability, while adhering to the restrictions of the Statewide Stay at Home Order No 20-16, issued by Governor Kelly, which went into effect on March 30, 2020. https://governor.kansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EO20-16.pdf
In order to continue providing services, Heartland RADAC has made a few adjustments to allow us to continue working with clients by phone and telemed/video, while maintaining the social distancing requirements due to COVID – 19.
All Assessments, Case Management, Peer/Recovery Coaching and Treatment will be performed via phone and/or video depending on the technology available.
When you call in to the agency main number, our schedulers will ask you a series of questions to make sure you have the ability to complete an assessment. Once scheduled, our staff will assist you in getting connected to you based on your responses to the following questions.
Questions re: technology will include:
1) Do you have the ability to download an app on your computer or phone?
2) If yes – are you willing to download the app needed to complete a service via video.
3) Do you have an email? Are you currently able to retrieve emails?
4) What is your contact number we can reach you?
5) Is there an identified Voicemail, where we can leave a confidential message?
Please call us at 913-789-0951 or 1-800-281-0029 to schedule an assessment.