Substance Abuse Treatment Specialist - Hays, KS
We are recruiting for an experienced SUD Treatment Specialist to conduct Outpatient Substance Abuse treatment. Heartland RADAC is partnering with High Plains Community Mental Health facility in Hays, KS.
The ideal candidate will be able to navigate operational requirements of both agencies to best meet the individual needs of clients, to provide and meet the Substance Use Treatment specific needs of our mutual clients.
This position requires licensure through KS BSRB. We are looking for a highly energetic, self-starter, who can work autonomously and focus on meeting client needs from a holistic, integrated, strengths-based model.
• Providing ongoing treatment and discharge planning through the treatment process
• Facilitating therapeutic treatment groups & individual sessions
• Implementing clinically appropriate treatment curriculum
• Develop and review ongoing treatment plans to meet client specific needs
• Administering the KCPCSI, and other screening tools to determine a chemical dependency diagnosis
• Rating the severity of alcohol/drug use & recommending an appropriate placement at the safest and most clinically appropriate level of care in a treatment setting that matches the client needs
• Assessing ongoing need for continued care upon release
• Generating clinically appropriate referrals into community based recovery oriented systems of care
- Bachelor’s degree / Master's degree preferred
- Licensure through the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB) of KS is required.
- LAC – Licensed Addictions Counselor
- LMAC – Licensed Masters Addictions Counselor
- LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
- Computer skills require familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
- Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal & written
- Attention to detail with timely documentation & reporting
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively with the public & staff
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Bi-lingual skills a plus