Substance Abuse Treatment Specialist & CBT Instructor - Topeka, KS
Full-Time Position in Topeka, KS
Located at the Topeka Correctional Facility for Women
Requires Licensure of LAC, LMAC, or LCAC, through the BSRB of KS.
Preferred candidates will have experience leading treatment and/or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups.
The programs used by Heartland RADAC at TCF integrate the following curriculum to guide the group discussions and treatment. Both programs are highly effective and successful in working with a population in criminal justice settings.
• Helping Women Recover - by Stephanie S. Covington
• Substance Abuse Program - Cognitive Behavioral Change Model
Developed by the University of Cincinnati
• Computer skills require familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel & Outlook
• Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
• Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal & written
• Attention to detail with timely documentation & reporting
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively with the public & staff
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Bi-lingual skills a plus
If interested in applying, please contact
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029