Substance Abuse Program (SAP) Care Coordinator
The SAP Care Coordinator will stress comprehensive assessment, referral and monitoring the clinical substance abuse needs of incarcerated clients preparing to release to the community in order to reduce recidivism, enhance risk reduction and successfully complete post-release supervision while improving health and safety issues for the client.
This position requires working with clients in the KDOC Lansing Correctional Facility (Topeka Correctional and virtually at Ellsworth, Norton, Larned and Stockton), as well as in the Johnson and Wyandotte County region following the client’s release from incarceration.
The key to the success in this position, is to connect clients with needed services within the community and continued care coordination to address system barriers that are present. The Care Coordinator meets with the client while still incarcerated to initiate a comprehensive service plan that focuses on the whole person. Initial work involves locating safe housing and development of an appropriate recovery plan.
• Bachelor’s degree required / Master's degree preferred
• Licensure through the KS Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board is preferred.
*Consideration will be given to candidates that are in process of obtaining BSRB licensure.
o LAC – Licensed Addictions Counselor
o LMAC – Licensed Masters Addictions Counselor
o LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
• Computer skills require proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal and written
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively with clients, staff and stakeholders
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Bi-lingual skills a plus
• Salary is based on level of education and experience.
• Full benefits package available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance,
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
For more information, contact:
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 x 105 or 1-800-281-0029
Send resume to: email@example.com or PO Box 1063 Mission, KS 66222