Substance Abuse Case Manager - SRCC - Western Kansas Region
The Case Manager will focus on the whole person and stress comprehensive assessment, service planning, and service coordination to address multiple aspects of a client’s life. Ability to use a Strengths Based Case Management Model, Motivational Interviewing, and Brief Intervention Skills will be integral to this position. Advocate for client needs in order that opportunity for self-sufficiency is increased.
A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations is necessary to be successful in this position. This position requires meeting clients in the community and going on home visits. Participation in DCF Orientation for individuals receiving cash assistance.
Locations available for this position are as follows: Western Kansas Region – Based in Hays
A successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the areas of:
- Substance abuse assessment and treatment
- Family systems
- Human development goals and objectives
- Operations of KS DCF departments
- Community resources and delivery systems
- Co-occurring illness
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master's degree preferred
- Licensure through the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board of KS is preferred. *Consideration will be given to candidates that are in process of obtaining BSRB licensure.
- LAC – Licensed Addictions Counselor
- LMAC – Licensed Masters Addictions Counselor
- LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
- Person Centered Case Management Certification
- Computer skills require proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
- Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal & written
- Attention to detail with timely documentation & reporting
- Ability to work autonomously & effectively with the public & staff
- Bi-lingual skills a plus
Salary is based on level of education and experience.
Full benefits package available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance as well as Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029