Recovery Coach / Peer Mentor - Kansas City, Kansas and Topeka, KS
Recovery Coach / Peer Mentor
The Recovery Coach / Peer Mentor provides advocacy and support to individuals with substance use disorders (SUD) who are receiving services through Heartland Regional Alcohol and Drug Assessment Center (HRADAC). The primary area of support is focused on recovery from addiction but will also support stabilization in other areas such as physical health, mental health, social, recreational and life skills coaching. It is an integral part to the Recovery Oriented Systems of Care model of community-based services. The primary purpose is to help bridge the gap between professional treatment and sustainable recovery and to help individuals begin, maintain, and improve the quality of individual and family recovery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide listening, support, and peer interaction to all assigned clients beginning recovery.
• Communicate with clients in face-to-face meetings or by phone using appropriate listening, problem solving, and relationship building skills.
• Coordinate community support services as needed.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of community partnerships as requested.
• Follow the policies and procedures of HRADAC particularly as they apply to the Scope of Practice for Kansas Certified Peer Mentor set forth by SRS/AAPS.
Requirements for Success:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to complete Certification program to become a Kansas Certified Peer Mentor, including a 6-hour introductory course to Basic Peer Mentoring, and follow up 15-hour training within the first year of employment.
• We are looking to hire a person who has lived experience in the Recovery Community, through personal or family experiences. Familiarity with addiction and the process of recovery is required.
• Must have 24 months recovery and currently working a stable recovery program (i.e. twelve step, church/ spiritual, other recovery support group).
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Comfortable working autonomously in a community setting.
• Valid Driver’s License, Reliable Car and Car Insurance are required.
Salary is based on level of education and experience. Full benefits package is available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Educational Time Off and a 403 (b) Retirement Program.
For more information, contact:
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org