Recovery Coach / Peer Mentor - Hays, KS
The Recovery Coach provides advocacy and support to individuals with substance use disorders (SUD) who are receiving services through Heartland Regional Alcohol and Drug Assessment Center (HRADAC).
The primary area of support is focused on recovery from addiction but will also support stabilization in other areas such as physical health, mental health, social, recreational and life skills coaching.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Recovery Coach / Peer Mentor:
- Provide listening, support, and peer interaction to all assigned clients beginning recovery
- Communicate with clients in face to face meetings or by phone using appropriate listening, problem-solving, and relationship building skills
- Coordinate community support services to support the client's plan
- Participate in the development and maintenance of community partnerships
- Follow the policies and procedures of HRADAC particularly as they apply to the Scope of Practice for Kansas Certified Peer Mentors
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Familiarity with the need of persons with addictions through personal experience or a family member with personal experience.
- Must have 18-24 months recovery and be working a stable recovery program (i.e. twelve step, church/ spiritual, other recovery support group
- Certification Opportunity provided to become a Certified Peer Mentor
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email software, preferably Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to learn computer documentation using Electronic Health Record software