Licensed Substance Use Counselor
Heartland RADAC is a Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center, providing a variety of opportunities for individuals interested in working in the Addictions field with opportunities to grow and develop a career, while helping and guiding clients who suffer from the disease of addiction.
We hire highly energetic, self-starters, who can work autonomously and focus on meeting client needs from a holistic, integrated strengths-based model.
We currently are recruiting qualified candidates for several positions in Topeka, KS area, all based at Topeka Correctional Facility for women.
· Substance Abuse Treatment Specialist & CBT Instructors - 2 full-time positions
Requires Licensure of LAC, LMAC, or LCAC, through the BSRB of KS. Preferred candidates will have experience leading treatment and/or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups.
The programs at TCF follow curriculum guidelines of Helping Women Recover and University of Cincinatti Substance Abuse Program to guide the group discussions.
· Substance Abuse Care Coordinator - 1 full-time position
Preferred candidate will hold Licensure of LAC, LMAC, or LCAC, but will consider a candidate working towards licensure, or with experience in the fields of substance use and/or criminal justice.
The Care Coordinator will work with clients within the TCF facility, helping to identify resources to ease their transition upon release. Responsible for screening and building new groups of clients, coordinating scheduling of assessments, data collection, running aftercare/alumni groups for continued practice of skills learned, assisting with treatment referrals in the community for post release services.
The candidate will be trained to in the curriculum materials and be available to assist clients with homework while participating in treatment and CBT. The Care Coordinator will assist in presenting information to groups, based on level of licensure.
· Computer skills require familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel & Outlook
· Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
· Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal & written
· Attention to detail with timely documentation & reporting
· Ability to work autonomously and effectively with the public & staff
· A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
· Bi-lingual skills a plus
If interested in applying, please contact
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029