Intensive Case Manager / Care Coordinator (ICM/CC) – Douglas County
Intensive Case Managers provide case management & care coordination services to individuals who have co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders, along with a history of admits to State Hospitals, Social Detoxification Centers and/or Jail. Individuals who are at-risk of further decline without intervention due to the progression of their illness and functionality, who have multiple unsuccessful treatment episodes, health-related issues and/or being homeless, are also candidates for this service when referred by a community partner.
ICMs serve as a central point of contact, working with the client and community stakeholders, encouraging participation in recovery planning in order to facilitate an all-inclusive service strategy that focuses on the whole person. The key to the success of this program is to engage with community providers & connect clients to services while reducing barriers in order to increase success.
Primary Goals of ICM:
• Avoid unnecessary and inappropriate admissions to State or Community Hospitals, arrest/incarceration
• Reduce the amount of bed days used when an admission to a hospital is needed
• Improve quality of life by assisting ICM clients obtain housing and services available in their home community.
Masters level (preferred) or Bachelors level (required) preparation with experience in social work, health care related field, behavioral health or substance abuse systems; consideration given to those who have extensive experience in behavioral health working with co-occurring mental health or homeless populations.
Licensure through the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB) of KS must be obtained and maintained.
- LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor
- LMAC – Licensed Masters Addiction Counselor
- LAC – Licensed Addiction Counselor
Consideration will be given to Individuals with the following licenses, if committed to obtaining the Addiction License.
- LMSW – Licensed Masters Social Worker
- LPC – Licensed Professional Counselor
Experience and ability to use multiple computer applications, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Document client progress in electronic medical record
- Internet based database applications
• A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and proof of auto insurance must be maintained. Periodic travel to the main office in Roeland Park, KS for training and bi-annual staff meetings, as well as regular ongoing travel between Ellis and Barton Counties is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively through verbal, electronic and written communications
• Energetic, self-starter who has the ability to work autonomously
• Meeting clients in a variety of community locations is required
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Adaptable to change and willingness to adopt new organizational and technology skills
• Bi-lingual skills a plus
- Salary is based on level of education and experience.
- Full benefits package available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
For more information, contact:
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029
Job Type: Full-time