Substance Abuse Case Manager - KC Metro-NE Kansas Region
The Case Manager will focus on the whole person and stress comprehensive assessment, service planning, and service coordination to address multiple aspects of a client’s life. Ability to use a Strengths Based Case Management Model, Motivational Interviewing, and Brief Intervention Skills will be integral to this position. Advocate for client needs in order that opportunity for self-sufficiency is increased.
A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations is necessary to be successful in this position. This position requires meeting clients in the community and going on home visits.
Locations available for this position are as follows: KC Metro – NE Kansas Region
Daily Responsibilities will include:
A successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the areas of:
• Substance abuse assessment and treatment
• Family systems
• Human development goals and objectives
• Operations of KS DCF departments
• Community resources and delivery systems
• Co-occurring illness
Minimum required qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree / Master's degree preferred
• Person Centered Case Management Certification is required
• Licensure through the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board of KS is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates that are in process of obtaining BSRB licensure.
o LAC – Licensed Addictions Counselor
o LMAC – Licensed Masters Addictions Counselor
o LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
• Computer skills require proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel & Outlook
• Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
• Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal and written
• Attention to detail for documentation and reporting
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively with the public and staff
• Bi-lingual skills a plus
Salary is based on level of education and experience.
Full benefits package available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance as well as Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
For more information, contact:
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org