Intensive Case Manager / Care Coordinator (ICM/CC)- KC Metro
Intensive Case Manager / Care Coordinator (ICM/CC) provide case management and care coordination services to individuals with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health diagnoses. The key to the success of this program is connecting ICM clients with needed services within the community and continued care coordination to address system barriers that are present.
ICM/CC’s serve as a central point of contact and work to facilitate effective communication with the multiple stakeholders often involved with this client population (hospital social workers, Community Mental Health Centers, DCF workers, Probation/Parole & Law Enforcement Officers, Primary Healthcare Providers, etc.) to prevent or reduce the need for admission to hospitals, detoxes or jails by assisting the client to get into needed services.
Primary Goals of ICM/CC
• Avoid unnecessary and inappropriate admissions to State Hospitals, by connecting ICM/CC clients to resources in their home communities;
• Reduce the amount of bed days used when admission to a hospital is needed;
• Improve quality of life by assisting ICM clients obtain housing and services.
Minimum required qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree / Master's degree preferred
• Licensure through the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board of KS is preferred.
Consideration will be given to candidates that are in process of obtaining BSRB licensure.
o LAC – Licensed Addictions Counselor
o LMAC – Licensed Masters Addictions Counselor
o LCAC – Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
• Computer skills require proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel & Outlook
• Ability to document client progress in electronic medical record
• Excellent interpersonal skills required - verbal and written
• Attention to detail for documentation and reporting
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively with the public and staff
• Bi-lingual skills a plus
Salary is based on level of education and experience.
Full benefits package available including health, dental, vision and term life insurance as well as Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
For more information, contact:
Kris Carnahan, Director of Operations & Administrative Services
Heartland Regional Alcohol & Drug Assessment Center
913-789-0952 or 1-800-281-0029
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org